January 6: Reading/presenting at the Winter AllWriters’ Friday Night Free For All, celebrating AllWriters’ 12th birthday. Doors open at 6:00, event begins at 7:00. Free and open to the public.
March 6: Reading/signing at the Milwaukee Public Library, Central Branch in downtown Milwaukee, in the Antique Books room. 6:00 – 7:00. Free and open to the public.
March 9: Discussion of The Home For Wayward Clocks with a book club formed of female inmates at the Waukesha County Jail.
March 30: Discussion of Learning To Tell (A Life)Time with a book club formed of female inmates at the Waukesha County Jail.
- April 28 – 30: Untitled Town Literary Festival, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Friday, April 28, 5:00 – 6:15. Reading/Signing at the Brown County Library, Central Location (lower level conference room), 515 Pine Street.
- Saturday, April 29, 11:30 – 1:15 p.m.: “Return To Organic With Your Writing,” Kavarna Coffeehouse in the Leap Room, 143 N Broadway.
- Sunday, April 30, 11:30 – 12:45: “Left-Turn Journey Into The Familiar,” St. Brendan’s Inn in the Waterford Room, 234 S. Washington Street.
- Sunday, April 30, 2:00 – 3:20: “Stretch: The Flexible Writer,” Brown County Library Board Room, 515 Pine Street.
May 1: Guest reader at the new issue launch of the Windy Hill Review, the literary magazine of the University of Wisconsin – Waukesha. 12:00 noon in the library at UW – Waukesha.
May 7: Appearance via Skype at the Tsur Hadassah Book Club in Israel. The book club is reading Learning To Tell (A Life)Time.
June 22 – 25: Teaching/presenting/reading at the 2017 Annual AllWriters’ Retreat. www.allwritersworkshop.com. Registration required.
August 18, 7:00 p.m.: Appearance and Reading at the AllWriters’ Summer Friday Night Free For All. Held at Cafe De Arts, 830 W. St. Paul Ave., Waukesha, WI. Appearing with three AllWriters’ students, William Mathis (fiction), Nancy Jorgensen (nonfiction), and Sara Sarna (poetry), and guest reader, the poet Tom Montag. Kathie’s first public appearance since her diagnosis of breast cancer. Please come help her celebrate recovery and life! Free and open to the public.
September 19, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.: Interview with Marshall Cook on Writers And Their Words, on 103.5 FM Sun Community Radio.
***SEPTEMBER 26, 7:00 p.m., BOSWELL BOOK COMPANY, 2559 N. Downer Ave., Milwaukee, LAUNCH OF IN GRACE’S TIME! Reading/signing!***
October 8, 1:00 p.m., Books & Company bookstore in Oconomowoc: Reading/signing with Christine Swanberg and Mary Jo Balistreri.
October 17, 6:30 – 7:30: Reading/signing and reception at Pewaukee Public Library.
October 19, 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.: Appearance at the Legends of Merrill Hills Book Club, Waukesha, WI, discussing Rise From The River.
November 1, 7:00 p.m. – Appearance at the Creekside Book Club, La Crosse, WI, discussing In Grace’s Time.
November 3 – 4: Several appearances at the Southeast Wisconsin Festival of Books.
Watch Kathie talking about the Southeast Wisconsin Festival of Books on The Morning Blend: